CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Thanksgiving - Who is as excited as me?


I am so excited for Thanksgiving this coming Monday, I am cooking, with my husbands help, my first turkey with all the fixings!  I have been planing the menu out in my head for the past two weeks.  My parents are going to see my brother for Thanksgiving and its not a big holiday for my Mother in law so if we want turkey its up to us.  With how much I love turkey, well a turkey bun anyways, we just have to.  When we thought my parents were going to be in town we were going to buy a turkey anyways just for leftovers.  You really can't recreate a turkey bun!


So my menu consists of turkey, obviously, my secret family stuffing recipe, homemade cranberry chutney, we just canned it last week, roasted potatoes and sweet potatoes, fresh corn on the cob that I blanched and cut off the cob and froze.  Buns and pickles, home canned, and something for dessert.  I can't believe I haven't decided on a dessert.  I am trying to make the entire thing wheat free, other than the buns lol.  Wheat free buns are so bad that Kris won't even eat them. 

I am not a big fan of pumpkin pie or pumpkin itself really, other than to look at or of course roasted seeds, those are yummy, so what should I make.  Maybe I will make up a Betty Crocker Gluten Free Devils Food cake, Kris loved the last one I made, and I could decorate it with orange icing.  Or I could make a Chocolate-Orange cake with Ganache Glaze!  Check out this and more easy recipies on Life Made Delicious!  I hope that by now you use it lots, I just typed gluten free cake into the search bar and the Chocolate-Orange cake with Ganache Glaze came up, how yummy does that look!  I think I will have to make it, I will let you know how it turns out unless one of you has an even better recipie from Life Made Delicious to share with me!

Disclaimer: I am part of the Life Made Delicious Connector program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.

0 comments: