CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 18, 2012

Mom of the Year - Walmart Canada

Cover Photo

Just as every child is different, every Mother is different.  There is a full range of Moms out there, ones who will die to protect their child and who will do everything in their power and then some to make the life their child leads the best life possible.  I know most Moms strive to be that Mom but not everyone is.  I doubt myself sometimes as I think many Moms do.  Mommy guilt at its best.  Did I really do what was best for my kids when I separated from my husband.  I think deep down I know that I did.  Its a hard go right now but I know that it will be best for them in the long run.  Nobody wants to grow up in a house when their parents fight all the time.  But back to my point :)

If you have been in Walmart lately, who hasn't, you may have heard about the great Mom of the Year award that Walmart will be awarding to one very amazing Mom in August.  Eight finalists will be selected and notified in mid-August and will be treated to an award celebration weekend in September. The Mom of the Year Award recipient will receive $10,000 for personal use and $100,000 to their cause or charity of choice. The remaining seven finalists will each receive $10,000 for personal use and $10,000 to their cause or charity of choice. Can you imagine the impact you could have on your favourite charity with that much money!!

Right now Walmart Canada is looking for nominations for Mom of the Year!  Do you know a Mom who deserves to be nominated for Mom of the Year?  Do you know a Mom who puts her kids first and would do anything for them?  Someone who would deserve to have the the spotlight turned back on them and have them know how much their parenting has changed you or their child?  Moms do their best but never know how good of a job they are doing until their kids are grown and they can see what kind of adult they have turned into.

We have Mothers Day and Fathers Day to thank our parents but why not go out of your way to tell your Mom or a Mom you know just how amazing they are.  They deserve to be thanked, and in a big way.  I know that for me I wouldn't even have to be a finalist to have to feel special.  I would just be so thankful to be nominated and to know how my kids felt about me as their Mom and how they think I am amazing.  That would amazing in itself!

So if you have an amazing Mom or know an amazing Mom that needs to be recognized and thanked for what they do please go to Walmart's Mom of the Year site and nominate her!!

Disclosure: I’m part of the Walmart program by Mom Central. I received compensation as a thank you for my participation. The opinions on this blog are my own. Mom of the Year Award: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY Internet access and valid email account required. Nominations open May 10, 2012 to July 8, 2012 for legal residents of Canada over the age of majority.  Entrants cannot nominate themselves. One (1) grand prize available to be won consisting of $10,000 cash, a $100,000 donation by Wal-mart Canada Corp. to charity/cause and a trip to Toronto (ARV $22,000). Seven (7) runner-up prizes available to be won consisting of $10,000 cash, a $10,000 donation to charity/cause and a trip to Toronto (ARV $22,000).  Charity/cause subject to verification and final approval by Wal-mart Canada Corp., at its sole discretion. Odds of winning depend on how the judging panel evaluates each entry according to the criteria. For Official Contest Rules and to nominate an entrant, visit [http://www.momoftheyear.ca/].

0 comments: