CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Lush


I have been admiring Lush from afar for a while now and am super excited to be able to tell you about some of their products that I got to try out! If you have ever walked past a Lush store the smell is enough to draw you in. Its not too many scents at once and overloaded though. I don't know how they do it but the smell was amazing! They have great prices and some amazing products! I am hooked!

Our Core Beliefs:

We believe in making effective products from fresh, organic* fruit and vegetables, the finest essential oils and safe synthetics.

We invent our own products and fragrances. We make them fresh by hand using little or no preservative or packaging, using only vegetarian ingredients, and tell you when they were made.

We believe in buying ingredients only from companies that do not commission tests on animals and in testing our products on humans.

We believe in happy people making happy soap, putting our faces on our products and making our mums proud.

We believe in long candlelit baths, sharing showers, massage, filling the world with perfume and in the right to make mistakes, lose everything and start again.

We believe our products are good value, that we should make a profit and that the customer is always right.

We also believe words like fresh and organic have honest meaning beyond marketing.

I got to try the Dreamwash Shower Smoothie for my sensitive skin and I love it. I usually use bar soap but you don't need a scrubbie for this. You just scoop some out onto your hands and run away. Its smells good and washed up great. The first ingredient was calamine powder which surprised me but it was nice and light and fluffy. I love it!


My new favorite moisturizer is now Celestial Moisturizer. I love it. It quenches my skin without being greasy at all and has a nice light scent to it, not strong at all though which is nice. There is no grease to this moisturizer at all, I use it everyday and my skin has had no problems with it at all. I usually have to use $30 or $40 fancy face creams and this is a dream. I can't wait to pick up some more and stock up. It comes in a 45 gram container and should last me at least 2 months as is only $21.95, what a steal.


They both came in these great black containers that are totally recyclable without a box or any other un necessary wrapping which is great. Nothing to throw out when you get home and break into it. I loved the sticker on the back that had a little picture of the person who made it and its expiry date. It is so nice to see who actually made it and how long its good for instead of wondering if it has sat in a warehouse for 2 years before you bought it.


Kristina can't have bubble baths because it bothers her skin and she ends up with infections. She used to love bubble baths but hated the pain after and having to go back to the doctors again and again. We ended up having to give them up and she really missed it. Well Lush has a bath bomb called the Honey Bee Bath Bomb. She was so excited to use it. At only $5.95 it will last about 4-6 baths depending on how much you carve in. We just took a knife to it and carved some into the bath and she was in heaven.

It had a great scent to it and made the bath a nice light yellow. It didn't make the kids skin all greasy like they needed a shower after. This would make a great Easter basket stuffer or little gift for the little person in your life. Kristina loved it and next time we are around a Lush store I will definitely be picking up some more for her!

0 comments: